Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 23, 2015- Week #4


Hello Family,

What an amazing week! Thank you all so much for the emails, I love them all so much but we don´t have much time. Thank you for the pictures I love them! Sounds like it has been a good week back home I would have loved to been there and celebrate with all the kids. Tell them Happy Birthday, and that their favorite uncle Justin loves them! 


This week was great! The Portuguese is coming along each day. I have made really good friends with a lot of the Brazilians, they leave later this week so it will be sad to see them go, they helped my Portuguese so much. We also went out proselyting this week! That was an amazing experience! O dom de linguás is so real! Before my comp and I went out we shared something that would help us... I shared the one when we are promised that we will be given the words in the hour yeah the very minute I don´t remember the exact words but it was so true. I gave away 6 copies of the O Livro de Mormon and everytime was really awesome. We went to this bus station and talked to a lot of people I only got rejected twice, and I got a lot of compliments on my Portuguese haha! They were all so fun, and we had a lot of really good talks with some people. It was so nice to get out of the CTM and talk to real people! My favorite one was when we were talking to this guy for a while then after we got done some lady came up to us and started talking to us! She said she listened to our message and wanted a copy, she was so impressed with us. She told my Portuguese was really good then she looks at my companion and says "yours.... meis o menus" hahaha so I have been teasing him about that for a while. Really though we are pretty bad, but we fill in for each other and teach pretty well together. This week one of the sisters in our district was really sick and she went to the hospital, before she went she asked me to give her a blessing so that was a good experience for me.

I just got back from the São Paulo temple and it was so amazing!! This church is true and I feel it more and more every day!
I love the work I am doing here, I know I am doing God´s work! Learning the language and the gospel is really hard, but when we went out proselyting it really made me see how important this work is!! Its hard but thats the way it needs to be! Salvation is on the line and Salvation was never easy! Last Sunday we watched the "New Testament" and "Meet the Mormons" They were so amazing!! This is such a marvelous work its hard to comprehend!! "why would it be easy for us, when it was NEVER easy for HIM". 


Love you all! keep sending pictures! Hasten the Work and keep collecting those tiny flecks of GOLD!  You are the BEST Mom I LOVE YOU! Thanks you so much for getting me here!!!!! 

Love,
Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment