Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015


Well now I know I am actually in Brazil! In the CTM when I didn´t know something in Portuguse I could always just turn to English. I really got my world rocked when I came out here. I am honestly still struggling but I have confidence that the Lord will bless me when I do my part. I have more faith now then I ever have in my life, because right now that is what I am living on. Its hard not being able to communicate or not understand. But I have a lot of faith and it grows everyday because I have to excerise faith in knowing that the language will come and I will do this. I know that my mission has eternal significance and I am going to work to be the best missionary I can be. 

My 2nd or 3rd day we had a lesson with our investigator, we went over there and of course I mostly just listened because I am cant really talk, I just bore my testimony at the end and we left. When we went back the next day to his house he told us about something he saw. The day before we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. He said when I bore my testimony he felt something in his heart and he saw a glow over my head. He said the day before when we stood up to leave he saw this glow over my head and under my feet. He said it was like a halo or a lighting bug over me and he watched us walk down the street and it was on the bottom of my shoes and over my head. He says it was O Espirito Santo (Holy Ghost). Hahaha so that was awesome. I don't know what he was seeing, but anyway when we talked to him about who he wants to baptize him he said me. Obviously I have the spirit with me so he wants me to do it. So I had my first baptism yesterday! That was a great experience!

Its kinda funny cause in the CTM your "investigators" are perfect and always progressing  then my first lessons in the field are perfect and I get a baptism. We had a lot of other lessons this week to and got shut down a couple of times. We were teaching a family and when I invited them to baptism the Mother shut us down and said no way, but the dad said he would when he knows its true. 

Really my only problem that I have is Portuguese. Others struggle adjusting to missionary life or miss people back home, but I know that I am here for 2 years to serve with all my heart. Portuguese is hard but I with some extra help I will get it little by little. Jesus Christ gave me my salvation the least I can do is serve him with all my heart, might, mind and strength for 2 short years. 

We have visited a lot of people and nobody can pronounce my name so everybody either calls me "Elder Milagre" (miracle) or " The American". I also had to give a short talk in church. The members are all very nice and welcoming so I am excited to learn more and work with them.


Thank you all for the Birthday wishes, I can´t really say that it was that great hah but I love being here! This is the Lords work and I am so proud to be a part of it! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment