Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28, 2017


 _______________________  Final Letter __________________________________________________________


Well .... what can I say.... Its been two long years and now I understand the prophet Jacob when he says that life passed away as if it were a dream. This last week I have asked myself many times if I am ready to go home... If I have made the changes that I needded to make.... I certainly am not the same young man I used to be. I remember so clearly when I got here in the mission unable to say what I really felt and just being lost in this city that somehow owned my heart. Those were the months that my testimony and my faith were put to the test. Many times in these last two years I was tempted to take the "easy" way out or just be good enough and not extraordiary. As I have strived to become closer to my Savior I could feel him walking with me and holding me strong. On the hardest weeks of my mission I gained my strongest testimony of the Lord. I have been blessed to serve these last two years in São Paulo East. This land has my heart.
 I will be eternaly grateful for the many blessings and miracles I have seen. I have been able to help many people come unto Christ and feel of his love. As I have done this I have felt his love for me grow. I may never really understand how much he loves me, but I will show my faith by my works.
Trying to explain what I feel right now is like trying to explain the flavor of salt. I know very well what it tastes like and I can try for hours to explain what it is but you will never understand me unless you taste it for yourself. I know that God and his son Jesus Christ live. I do not know that through my own knowledge, but certainly through the manifestations of the spirit that has confirmed unto me that they live and love me. My testimony no longer depends on other people, it is between the Lord and I. He has given me blessings, miracles, and answers that I cannot, and will not, ever be able to deny. My mission has strengthend and blessed me like I never would have been able to imagine.  I will cherish these two sacred years for the rest of my life. 
Thank you my dear Mom and Dad for helping me get to this point. Without you two I certainly would not be who I am today.. I have grown and become a better man. Thanks to the Atonement of Christ we can all repent and feel of his love. He lives, and he is our Savior. God loves us. He has restored his Gospel here on earth and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is his Kingdom. The Prophet has been called of God. The Book of Mormon is true. I know these things and shall be witness of them for ever. These 2 years have been amazing and I wouldnt trade them for the world. Thanks mom and dad and anyone else who may recieve this email for all the love and support you have given me on my mision. May God be with you till we meet again. 


God Speed

Elder Millard





No comments:

Post a Comment