Tuesday, August 8, 2017

July 10, 2017- Maturity comes when you stop making excuses and start making changes


Well what a week.....
This whole week we have been going to zone conferences. It is really a good time. I know that I am not the BEST missionary but I have gained a strong testimony about the Holy Ghost. Although I may be unqualified, I know that the spirit has helped me so much during the conferences. I could really feel guided by the spirit in every training. It is a great opportunity to be able to help the missionaries here in São Paulo Leste. The mission is doing really well and I really feel like I am in the best mission in the world. It is great that the Lord trusts me enough to be an example here in the mission and I am very grateful for the opportunity and I know that the Lord is helping me do his work here in the mission. I was able to see a lot of old friends and have some good laughs so that is always good to meet up with the mission buddies. 
Here in our mission we have a few zones that are in the interior and it is such a good time to get out in the country and see farms, animals, and mountains. It is about a 3 hour drive out to the last zone of the mission so the whole time I was just talking with President about my little home town. He also grew up on a farm and he has been all over Utah so it was so great talking with him for hours about all that stuff. President is such a great guy, I would love to see him after the mission. He lives in Spanish Fork so it is pretty close. 

Also this week we were able to visit Larissa, Bené, and Andresa. They are doing really well. Bené committed to stop drinking and he is reading the Book of Mormon every day. They are going to the North East this week and will get back at the end of the month. When they get back we will get everything ready for the wedding and baptism. We also have another young woman marked for baptism she is yet another referral from our recent convert Val. Her name is Layla, she and her friend Atina are marked for the 22nd.
We also had some pretty sweet miracles show up in church this week. People that just said they saw the church and felt a strong desire to come in so they just showed up. I am sure we will see a lot of miracles in the coming weeks. I am feeling really good with where I am at right now in my mission, as the last weeks are winding down I really feel like the Lord is by my side. We are working hard and the miracles are awaiting us.


Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment