Sunday, February 26, 2017

February 20, 2017


We had yet another busy week. It has been extremely hot these days and everywhere we go we are running to the shade trying to stay out of the sun. You have no idea what its like walking around the city of in high nineties with a shirt and tie on you neck. Many times during the week we knocked on a door to try and talk to someone and the first thing we do is plead for water! It rained a little bit this week, but it was so hot that the rain was falling on the ground and evaporating at the same time. We were really seeing the rain touch the ground and disappear, there really was steam everywhere because the rain was evaporating so fast.

This week we had a sweet ward activity. My companion and I organized a ward family night. It was pretty sweet. We put the smack down on everyone. It was pretty good for the first time. We had about 30 people there, but it will get better as we keep getting on everyone's tail. We have been working like dogs trying to get our teaching pool up and going and we really received some great blessings this week. We have been working with a guy named Kaíke he is a recent converts friend. He showed up at church with his girlfriend, sister, kid, and other friend so that was pretty sweet. We also had another young man bring his friend to church. Also Arozina was there and we were able to mark with her to go to the registry office to start the wedding papers. So I will keep you updated on how that goes. 
Also my comp and I spoke in church so that was cool. It went okay, not my best talk, but its all good.  It looks like we are starting to have some miracles in potential. The next few weeks will be exciting to see what happens. I just LOVE BAPTIZING so much. All I want to do is help everyone understand how important it is to baptize everyone.
The zone is doing great! We are really killing it right now! As for now we are leading the mission in baptisms!!!!! Even with 6 greenies in my zone we are doing great!! I am super happy mom, I wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world than São Paulo East!! Time is flying and I am loving life.

Com muito amor,
Elder Millard

1 comment:

  1. Hello-

    I am a teacher in the Tooele Utah school district. We have a Portuguese dual immersion elementary school and I am looking for a sister school to have pen pals with. Would you know of anyone that might be a good connections for that? Feel free to email me if you think of any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete