Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016


Hey Bom dia. 


This pic is of my old district in sapopemba I will try and send a few more pics but I dont have a ton of time.    
(He never sent any more - he never has enough time!)

Yes mom I never have very much time, I have to email Presidente enter all our numbers and our goals for this week, and see if we have any referrals so all that takes up a lot of time.

This week was great but pretty hard. Opening an area is really pretty rough. We sure do hike around a lot!! Not some leisure stroll in the park here, This area is basically a mountain full of favela so its not just walking but hiking. We got here with nothing, one progressing investigator and nobody marked for a baptism so it has been all week trying to meet new people. We were blessed enough to meet a woman with a lot of interest in the church. She is great and has a lot of questions. She has already been in a ton of other churches but she said that she hasn't ever found what shes looking for, and she is liking our message a lot. The problem is that she smokes 2 packs a day, drinks coffee non stop and on the weekends drinks. So we are working with the word of wisdom and it will for sure take a while, but I have faith in miracles. 

We also have another guy who lives with a less active member, but she is coming back to church, they are marked to get married on the 9th and soon after he should be baptized. 

A large part of this week was spent knocking doors. We knocked one house that is really awesome they love us and we have only known them for about two weeks an they are always inviting us over for dinner. The mom and dad a way strong into their church but the 3 kids said they only go because of their parents. The three kids are super interested and really want to go to church. However their parents wont allow it. Not even to play futebol during the week or go to church, nothing.  It is really sad and I am praying for a miracle with them, we will need it. 

It really is incredible how much I have learned on my mission. I feel like I have progressed so much mentally and spiritually. I have a testimony I have felt the spirit I know Gods plan for me and I know this is kingdom of God here on earth. I want nothing more than to share this with other people so they can have this same confidence. However I know that if this was easy I would have a line of people waiting to be baptized, Salvation isn't easy and it never was supposed to be. In the moments when I feel like we are have the most difficulties is the moment when I feel the strongest desire to work. I feel the power and love of atonement in my life and I just want so so so badly to have others feel that as well. 

I really am great and loving life. All is well, and I am progressing a little everyday. Brasil really is becoming home haha.  I love Utah but when I tell people about my life before the mission I almost feet like I am telling the story of another person.  I am loving the challenges and loving life. 

Te amo mãe

Elder Millard
 



No comments:

Post a Comment