Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 21, 2016

Hey All, 

Feels like it has been so long since I last wrote. So last Tuesday my companion and I were transferred so we spent all day in the bus and the metro. I met up with my new comp who is Elder Chalampuento, I think I might have already mentioned him before but he is from Columbia. He is in my group so we got here the same day, it is good having a comp with the desire to work. He was in my district when I was in Bela Vista and I did a few divisions with him so I already knew him pretty well. He really is awesome, I like him a lot the only thing is, for the better of my language I like having a Brasillian. But I am really excited to work with him. 

We are opening an area so it is going to be tough. My new area is Cohab Juscelino the few people that we have met are great and we have only met a little bit of the area. I am not going to lie this area is pretty poor. It is going to be hard, we don't have a chapel in our area so we have to take 2 buses to get to the church which makes it super hard to get investigators to go to church. We have our area, then there is another small piece of our area about 40 min away walking, but everything in between isn't our area. I do;t even know how to explain it but it is pretty mixed up. Anyways it will be an adventure. This week we marked one wedding for April 9th and one baptism  so I think we have a lot of potential this transfer, but we are going to need a lot of blessings. 

To answer your questions mom: We have district meetings every Wednesday so I see all the other missionaries that day. Now in this area we have 3 wards that share a chapel so maybe I will see them more. After we get done emailing we are going to the chapel to play some futebol and I thing the other Elders will be there to.
I really do miss Sapopemba, I thought I would stay there for a long time, but everything has a purpose. The members there are great, one of the family's there said that she sent you an email, did you understand? They are great.

I don't really have much else to say because this was our first week hear so I will let you more about the area next week. 

Te amo

Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment