Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1, 2017


Well let me start off by trying to remember last week. As so much has happened these last two weeks it will be a little rough, but I will try and remember the basics.

I yet again can say that last week may have been one of the best weeks of my mission. As I told you we started out the week with a lot of potencial to reach our goals, but we were 2 people short of reaching our goal. So we started out the week with a zone fast to try and finish out the transfer strong. We visited deborah everyday trying to get her ready for the baptism, and allthough she really has a strong desire to be baptized it was not able to happen this week. Last week we had zone conference and it was way sweet! Pres and the assistants gave a pretty sweet training. After the conference was over we all sat together as a zone and had a little meeting to just talk about all the miracles that had happened and the little bit that we were missing. It was really good. As I was directing the meeting and talking with the zone I could honestly feel the spirit there with us. It was a feeling really good, it was as if the Lord were saying that he was happy with the work we were doing, but we could not let up!! We were still 5 baptisms short of hitting our goal, but the hardest part is that we only had 3 people marked. So on that Wednesday we marked yet another Emergency fast. 
Everday last week we were running around the zone trying to firm up a few baptisms and help the missionarys with interviews and lessons. When we got to the end of the week my comp and I did yet another fast to finish of strong and really just thank God for all that had happened. The whole week I had really been feeling like I would be transfered so I was kind of saying a slight goodbye to everyone. On sunday I talked in church and it was really good. First I was able to bless the sacrament with Kaique which was way special for me, then as I was speaking I could just feel the spirit filling the room and I think I ended up learning a lot more than I taught. When we were calling our zone to get the numbers we all really worried and just praying for good news. Miracles happened and we were able to hit our goal!!!!!!! We did it! Right there on the sidewalk I gave my comp a great big hug and right there we said a little prayer to thank God for all that we had done that transfer. Then after we went to the chapel and we got a call from the assistants to give us the transfer, I then knew that I would be transfered. Although I wanted to stay I could really feel like my work it the Penha zone had come to an end. I then was able to visit with grams and gramps which is always a great experience. 

Later that night I got a call from President Silcox. He called and we talked for a little bit about what had happened in the transfer and that Sunday. Then he told me that the Lord was calling me to be the new Assistant in the Brazil São Paulo East mission. So after talking a little bit I accepted the calling and I had to go home and get my bags ready to go the the mission office. So I had to run around trying to say goodbye to a few close members and Kaique. 

So now I am serving as the AP with my best buddy Chalampuento!! We are companions again! It has been way busy this week. Earlier in the week we had to give a few trainings to the greenies and trainers. A lot of meetings and planning. Our area is Mooca. I am really good and way happy. I feel very small before this calling, but I know the Lord is on my side. I have had a lot of spiritual moments this week, but I have got to run. So I will have to tell you next week, or I will see if I can sent an email later today, but I doubt I will have time. Love you mom and thanks for everything. Sorry for the crappy letter, I am late and my head is all mixed up.


Have a great week.

God Speed
Elder MILLARD



No comments:

Post a Comment