Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 4, 2016-Feliz Ano Novo



Hey All!
So this week has been really long. It has been good and the work is really starting to pick up. I am trying to think back to the first of the week, but I really don't remember much. We have been teaching a lot of lessons, and I am hoping and praying with all my heart that these people will receive an answer to their prayers. It is so frustrating when people say they aren't feeling anything. I see how everybody says how you just start loving these people so much. I understand that a little better now because I know I have the truth and when I testify to them and I just want them so badly to receive an answer and accept it. I know He is there they just have to let Him in. 

So for the last 2 weeks my companion has had some struggles and it was tough for me, but anyways one thing led to another he got transferred on the 31st so I got a NEW companion again. I am on my 4th companion in 3 months in the mission! So that's crazy! Anyways I am excited for this transfer I think it is good for me because with a new companion in my area who doesn't know anything it is really forcing me to step up and take responsibility. I think we have a lot of potential to baptize a few people this transfer, but it will take a lot of blessings. My Portuguese is progressing and I am receiving a lot of blessings there, but I am no where close to efficient yet. I know there is power in prayer and I am confident that God hears and loves everyone of us. Keep on keepin' on. 

I just want to send my love for my incredible family. Every single member of the family really is amazing and has helped me so much. We really do have an amazing family!  

All is well I am loving life, and I know these are the best two years. Even when I have tough days I know someday I will look back on this time and have some great memories. God Speed. 

Deus abençoa 
Feliz Ano Novo 
Elder Millard


December 28, 2015



Hey mom! 
I just talked to you all a couple days ago so I don't have a lot to say, but I just want to send my love for my incredible family. Every single member of the family really is amazing and has helped me so much. We really do have an amazing family! 

Although Dad didn't say much when we talked I know that he is proud of my choice to serve a mission. I would imagine that he is a pretty proud father with a daughter married in the temple with 3 kids that are growing up in a part of heaven on earth. And 3 sons that have served or are serving missions. I know that he is proud of me following his example to serve a mission.

Its to bad I didn't get to talk to Jake but he really has helped me a lot. He has been my example my whole life growing up. He showed me the way. He really has taught me a lot and really is a great brother. He is also a great example by being married in the temple with a wife and kids growing up in Gods Church. 

Tyler is an amazing brother! I think he understands things that other people don't. He was also an amazing example to me by serving a mission. He really is a very lovable person. That sensitivity and lovable personality is really something that I need to improve on. He is going to be an amazing husband and father.

It was really great talking with Owen and I don't know if I remember a time in my life when Owen hasn't been there. He taught me a lot about a mission as well and I am grateful for his example in being a missionary, husband and father. He is a man of wise words and it was nice to have a conversation in English for the first time in a few months. 

I would have loved to talk to Jake and Kourtney and their kiddos but its all good  I will hear from them next time. I hope that every member of the family feels my testimony and love. We can all work to be better everyday and remember those times in life when we have struggled and there is only one person who can really help. There is power in prayer and I am confident that God hears and loves everyone of us. Keep on keepin on.  

This is week is tough as far as missionary work because everybody is with family and having parties so they don't really want us in they're house. We have some new pesquisadores marked for next week so Ill let you know how they come along. 
Until next week! God Speed. Love you!
Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment