Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015-Start of the 2nd Transfer!!


Hey All, 
All is well I am doing great and I love my calling here in Brazil! I have learned a lot this week. One thing I learned is that I think I am a lot better at Portuguese than I give myself credit for. I definitely make a lot of mistakes, but I have conversations with people everyday and that is quite a miracle in itself. I pray to God everyday and ask him to bless me with this language, to love and be loved by these people. I can confidently say that God has blessed me thus far, and I know he will continue to bless me. I do not feel stressed or worried about Portuguese because God has promised that he will bless me when I do my part. I know that as I am open to learning and I put forth my effort to practice he will bless me and I will develop the skills I need to be the best missionary that God would have me be. I really am doing great and all is well. Haha sometimes after I get done with a contact or teaching something I think to myself: "hah I wish my mom could have seen that she would have loved that.. she would have cried haha".

My new comp is good and I am excited for this transfer. He is 27 and was converted when he was 19. he is the only member in his family. I really respect him for his courage, and I think I can learn a lot from him. I realize now that not every missionary is all that great and not every companion is the exact companion I want, but everybody has something good so I just need to find the good in everybody.

Because the last transfer ended kind of dead we have to kind of start from level 0 so we have been doing a lot of contacting so hopefully next week we will start having some progressing investigators. Its kind of crazy the things you see out here that you wouldn't ever see in little Orderville. 
On our walk home from the church there is always a group of kids out in the street and every time I walk by they all swarm me and ask me how to say this or that in English, its funny. Everyday without a doubt.

All is well I love my calling and I am progressing everyday. I am loving the mission! 
Love, 

Elder Millard





No comments:

Post a Comment