Friday, March 24, 2017

March 20, 2017-GODS SPEED


From the depths of my heart I feel very small before the many blessings the Lord has given us this week. I thank my Heavanly Father for the many blessings that have been poured upon us this last week of the transfer.

So last monday night we were playing soccer with some investagators. When we were going home we both stopped and felt like we needed to go visit Kaíke. We were already almost home, we were wearing shorts and a t-shirt and all sweaty, but we both felt very strongly that we needed to go see him. 
Although we haddnt prepared anything, we didnt have any scriptures and we were wearing shorts and t shirts. I can honestly say it was one of the best lessons I have taught in my mission. His girlfriend was there, so we were able to sit and talk with them seriously about chastity and the many blessings that they would recieve through obedience. We talked about familys, being sealed for eternity, preisthood, temples, marriage, and so many other things. The spirit was just really really strong the entire time. At the end of the lesson Kaíke said "wow thanks so much, today was a real slap in the face, I was really needing one of those today" haha he is a really great guy that has made a lot of new changes to come unto Christ.We were able to mark his baptism.

We also had splits with the Elders from Sapopemba this week. It was nice to be back in my old area and see some old friends. I spent the day with this elder from washington. He has a little more than a year in the mission and is having a really hard time learning the language. He hardly speaks anything at all. So I was given the task to try and help him out as I was able to learn Portuguese pretty well. When we met up with him he already started talking in English with my, but I cut him off looked him in the face and said 1st rule is that I dont speak english and neither do you, we are in Brazil we speak Portuguese. haha So all throughout the day I was giving Portuguese lessons. Then the four of us got back to the apartment and called a pizza just having a good time talking all through the night.

Then when we got back to Penha and we went to visit Arozina. Their little baby girl left the hospital and is much better. We confirmed everything for the wedding and had a great lesson. 

There was just so many sweet things that happened this week, but I will cut it to the really good stuff. 

So we made it to Friday. The big day of the wedding!!! We went to the church early to get everything set up. The relief society was there to help us and we got it all set up. Another group of the relief society went to get Arozina in the morning and get her all beutified. A lady in our ward made her wedding dress and everyone really helped out a lot!! The family and all the kiddos arrived at the chapel very happy and everything just went perfect! They were all so happy! My companion and I just felt so happy as well. 

Then Saturday morning we were running all over the place to get the baptismal interviews done. Arozina and Kaíke both passed and were able to be baptized Saturday night!!! It was amazing. Maybe the best day of my mission. 2 baptisms and a buch of barbeque. Arozina and Kaíke were both so happy to be baptized and I really cannot put my feelings into words. The amazing love of the Savior that I was seeing in their eyes after the baptism was really something I will never forgett. ahhhh I get all emotional just thinking about it!!! I cant describe what I felt that day, but it was amazing and I know that God helped us a lot and he is really happy with us and Kaíke and Arozina. 

To finish off the killer weekend, yesterday they were confirmed and we all had an amazing experience full of the spirit when they recieved the Gift of the Holy Ghost. This week my testimony has strengthend in ways that I cannot describe, but I know that God loves us and this is his work. I feel very humble before this calling and the many blessings that I recieve each day. The church is true.

Also Elder Amâncio will be transfered tomorrow. We are sad, but we both feel like we were able to complete our work together. I will stay here another transfer.


Com Amor,
Elder Millard







No comments:

Post a Comment