Monday, May 2, 2016

April 25, 2016

Hey Family! 

So we started off the first week of the transfer a little slow but I really feel like we are going to see a lot of miracles this transfer. We have a few people with a lot of potential. I learned a lot this week, I made a lot of mistakes but I think that I learned from them so that I wont make them again. Sadly our investigator was not baptized yesterday. I had my baptismal clothes, we filled the font, we told everyone, however after the first class ended he still hadn't showed up so I called and called and called and finally he answered the phone and said that he woke up sicker than a dog so he cant be baptized today. So that was a real bummer but last night we went over there and talked with him. He is firm for this Saturday. We have a little luncheon and everything planned so it will be great. 

We also have another future priesthood bearer who is likely to be baptized within the next 3 weeks. Cergio is really great, he is very interested and he said that he is seeing a lot of changes and blessings in his life after he started talking with us. 

I am happy and loving the mission. This really is Gods work and I am sure of that. There is nothing that could convince me otherwise. I love the people here in our branch they really are so great. They really take good care of us. They definitely feed us enough and one irmã sowed my pants .... they are great. I like it here but honestly this area needs a lot of help. There are so many people inactive because the church isn't close, and we struggle with getting referrals but I know with a lot of blessings we can leave this area better than we found it. 

I am loving the work and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world. Although it is not the most beautiful place, I sure do love São Paulo Leste!!!😁 We are working hard and I am growing up really fast. I can not believe that I almost have 7 months in the mission. that I absolutely crazy to me. I am getting old. 

Well I don't have anything else to say but just know that I am happy. I know that God loves me and has a very specific plan for me here in Cohab Juscelino. I know this church is true with all of my heart. I cannot deny that. This really is God's work. 

Te amo.

Elder Millard

Answers to questions:  (he finally answered some of them)

We live in an apartment. We walk all day in the hot sun. We talk, laugh, have fun moments, feel the spirit and mark baptisms. 

My area where I am at right now is really pretty ugly. Has a lot of favela here. We are not very close to the center of São Paulo. My mission doesn't cover the center of the city. 

My comps name is E. Chalampuento.

I am definitely going to need some more shirts and maybe some more black pants because mine ripped my they will be okay for a little while. I love peanut butter jerky, and some other stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment